Hey guys! Happy almost end of the week. It’s been a long one for me with this Daylight Savings time change. My busy little man now wakes up in the 5 AM hour and that makes it pretty impossible to get anything done. Plus, after a spill with our console table, he’s already had an emergency trip to the Dr. for stitches this week, which takes his total stitches incidences up to 2 and he’s only 2 years old. Seriously, I hope this kid slows down a bit because I really don’t want him to be averaging stitches once a year!
But anyhow, I have a fun & SO simple DIY project today! Target has a great collection of these simple stick lamps (and who doesn’t want an excuse to go to Target?!). The shades come in all sorts of colors. For some spaces the simple, chic silhouette works perfectly, but for my project I wanted to add a little extra something, which is when I got this idea! Since the bedroom project I’ve been posting about this week has a little eclectic edge, I thought something like these black pom poms would be the perfect accent trim! You can buy pom pom trim at any craft store. I got mine at Hobby Lobby with their 40% off coupon. You buy it buy the yard, but the coupon still applies to a single cut of fabric or trim– woohoo! Okay, so let’s get started…
- Lamp Shade
- Trim (pom poms or other)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Additional Glue Sticks for Hot Glue Gun
1. Use the lighter to seal the end of the trim (to keep it from fraying), then take the sealed end of the trim & place it at the seam of the lamp shade as shown.
2. Use the hot glue gun (once hot) to place a thin line of glue about 1 inch across, then carefully place trim over the glue and press gently. Repeat this step doing a little at a time to keep the trim even all the way around.
3. Once you have attached the trim all the way around, cut off the excess and use a lighter to seal the end of the trim so that it does not fray.
4. Glue down the end so that the two ends of the trim meet up at the seam of the lamp shade.
5. Add your now snazzy lamp to accessorize any space!